Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I Don't Like Fish

Photos that men should NOT use on dating sites.....trust me, I'm a woman, these aren't doing you any favors~

Pictures you took of yourself in the mirror in your bathroom with your cell phone. In this day and age, who doesn't have a digital picture of themselves somewhere? Or a good friend to at least take a picture of them in a room other than the one that they pee in? I fear these men. And I don't email them.

Pictures of yourself holding huge fish. I don't know why this is a common picture pose for guys, but it seems to be. Me manly man. Me catch big fish. You likee?? No likee. I am not looking for a man that can provide fresh seafood for my table. I can catch my own fish. ( Actually, this isn't true. I have only ever caught one fish in my entire life. It was a four inch long injured catfish that Emily had just caught and tossed back in - apparently it didn't swim away fast enough. BUT - this is all just a metaphor anyway. And I can catch my own metaphoric fish.)

Pictures of yourself without a shirt on. This includes all flexing shots, shots of you hanging shirtless while cooking (??), and shots of you smiling at your own abs. How many first dates do you go on shirtless? Hi, nice to meet you, how you like my pecs? It just isn't the natural order of things and it has significant creep factor.

Pictures of you hugging on women. I would have thought this one was a no brainer, but apparently not. Unless you are labeling them saying how awesome your sister is - then you give a very specific impression about the kind of guy you are - and I can find that kind of guy at the bar on any night of the week.

***All true pictures that surfaced in my inbox this week. I swear, I can't make this stuff up.

4 comments:

  1. Don't forget the guy in the towel only. Or the guy with his car that isn't that cool. Picture the IROC Z28 in high school guy. I may or may not have dated this guy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOTH very good examples! Especially the car guys....because woman are so looking for guys with great cars, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or the guy with a baseball hat & sunglasses on...do they really think we'll never find out that they're bald?! (and what's with all the camouflage clothing?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one mmm! I have run across the hat man on several occasions! hahaha

    ReplyDelete