Friday, November 13, 2009

Quick Friday Funny Story....

So my BFF Jen (the real one) is always on the lookout for good, upstanding, nice men with good shoulders for me. Today she came over to pick up her son, who was shopping with me, and started telling me all about this great guy that she knows. He has a son that goes to her school and he's a great dad...super sweet guy who got a raw deal....and so forth. Of course my answer was - size up his shoulders and then let me know if you think he'd pass and then we'll go from there.

That isn't the funny part of the story.

The funny part is then she told me his name. And he is someone I already know. Small, small world. For the sake of amusement we are going to call him Henry. And the funniest thing is that I would never have described him the way she did because I already had preconceived ideas of him. Of course, these are opinions that I formed twelve years ago in high school - since that is the last time I've seen or talked to him. I am sure they are no longer valid - I am definitely not the girl I was in high school, so it stands to reason that he isn't either. He is also someone I would never have thought about dating. Not because he's awful or ugly or mean.....it just never crossed my mind that we would have anything in common. He is just someone I knew vaguely from forever ago that found me on Facebook. Funny how all things circle around again.

13 comments:

  1. ok, i need to know an identity...this is emily, wtf is wrong with your blog? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your blog Steph. We'll see if you can guess who I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Clue #1 I am woman now, but a girl from your past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL..okay all you wierdo secretive people! Just sign in so I know who the heck you are!!!

    PS I guess Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope, not Shannon. :) Clue #2 We do not see each other often at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...how far back in my past are you exactly???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I entered your life about 6 years ago. Right in the heat of your Brad & Jen drama. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoying the blog. Yeah, the choices make everyone seemingly annoymous. But, for the record, it is I Bridget. I totally support the Cougar thing, in that, women take better care of themselves and live longer. I always joke, a woman needs a younger man. But to be honest, not THAT much younger. I once dated a guy who was 18 years younger than me, and NOTHING makes you feel older than when you meet his friends and he knows one of your kids. Or you are sitting around playing cards and everyone is trying to make up an excuse why they are going to call in sick to work. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bridget! You are so funny! At least I don't have kids yet so I will be spared that story for a while :)

    Anonymous - I think you must be someone I worked with? Yes? (This is completely like Clue - I also think you did it with the candlestick!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WAIT!! Anonymous - you are SO Amanda, aren't you?????

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know which Amanda you are referring to, but I am not she. We did work together though. More than once in fact. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahahaha!!! YES! I thought it might be fun to make you guess, good job! :)

    ReplyDelete