Monday, November 16, 2009

So You Think You Want A Book

First off, I want to sincerely thank all of you that have followed all my crazy tangents and misadventures. My mind travels down funny rabbit holes from time to time and it is nice to know that you all like to travel with me! I have always loved to write and I really appreciate all of you that love to read it. :)

Now, the scolding part. Sign up people! It's just a free Google account and it takes maybe three minutes. I know of at least ten of you that read all my blogs and yet Jennifer is my only follower. (Thank you Jennifer! You are exempt from this chastising) If I can't even get people to sign up to follow my blog, then I am not convinced that I could get people to actually buy a book. Of course, I know Jennifer would buy it, but who would buy the other six copies? As an extra bonus, if you were all signed up then you would no longer be anonymous commenters and I could know who was who. Also, it is hard for me to hold my head up at blogspot with only one follower. The other bloggers are picking on me and calling me names....

So here is the deal. One of my favorite bloggers just got picked up by some type of site that is paying him to write his blog on their site because of all the good traffic and buzz around his blog. He has 79 followers. If I get to 80 followers, then I will start to write a book. I want to be more popular than him, even though he writes a perfectly nice blog - I like to win. (This is a one of those things that I love about myself that is probably really a flaw I should work on) So you have your mission. Find me 79 more followers to join the brave pioneer Jennifer and I will give you a book. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, thanks Steph. Now I'm a celebrity on your blog! If you want, you can sign up for my blog, too :-) runningagainstthegrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! Of course I will, I love blogs :)

    ReplyDelete