Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Online Quickie Postings.....

I haven't talked about myself online for a week! What was I doing all this time if not blabbing about my problems? Many things, including collecting the fodder for this week's bullet list of funny online dating moments.....


  • Escanaba Ed I try very hard to not judge men who email me on their profiles alone. I know that not everyone is a great writer (although as previously mentioned, I do subtract points for poor spelling) or knows how to communicate via internet well. So, to do my best to be fair, if a man has the cajones to email me then I usually email back even if my first impression is to turn off the computer. I think after a few emails, people reveal their character enough for me to decide if I should yank the plug on it. With that in mind, I get an email from a man who lives in the UP - a man that did use spell check or is naturally gifted in phonics. I email him back, answering his few questions and asking a few of my own; because that is the way you get to know each other, right? Now, here is the funny part. This guy doesn't answer a single question! He just runs on and on about what his perfect girl is like and how he is a great catch. I debate on whether or not to respond, but decide to go one more round because it's possible that he just didn't remember to review my email I suppose. Nope. He emails me again immediately and doesn't answer any of my second round of questions. It's almost like he isn't even reading my responses, just sending out random emails to me. Needless to say, I didn't answer any more....

  • Quick on the Trigger This advice is compiled from many different online men. If you are online dating, take note of their mistake. Don't immediately email responses every time someone sends you an email. I know, rationally, that people are online all the time and it isn't neccessarily an awful thing to get a quick response. At least I know they are interested I suppose. But there were three men this week that were instant responders and no matter what they said, it made me avoid replying anymore. One was actually pretty funny, which I enjoy, but because he replied twice to me within the hour it just makes me think that there is something wrong with him. I may be off base, but my gut says to let this one go, and online dating is all about relying on your instincts. So goodbye Funny Man...hopefully you read this, learn the error of your ways, and avoid setting alarm bells off in your next quest.

  • My Embarrassing Story of the Week So on this online sites, they send me five matches a day; people that they think I am very compatible with and should check out. I am not going to go into super detail on this one because, as the headline would indicate, this is embarrassing for me. Basically, these five pop up on your screen and to make them go away you click yes, no, or maybe for your level of interest. Also important to know - the pictures on these are smaller than normal so if its a full body shot of someone then it's hard to see. So one of my matches this week looked familiar, but I wanted to look at the picture closer to see if it was the guy that I thought it was, let's call him Silent Dan. Silent Dan is someone in the fringes of my social circle that is connected through other people and that basically has seen and heard some not great things about me. I don't dislike him, but have always kind of felt that he disapproves of me, although I have been assured that is not the case. Anyway, I digress. The important thing to know here is that Silent Dan and I know each other, but not well enough for me to call him up and tell him about the funny thing I did online today......and the funny thing I did was click on his profile to see better. It doesn't sound so funny until I explain that when I click on the profile, the site automatically marks him as a 'yes' which means they send him an email saying I'm interested in him - romantically. Not my finest moment. However it gave our mutual friend a very hearty chuckle.


  • Bad Speller of the Week "i'm vary outgoing and love to just have fun, serouse time is at work or when deamed nessisary not all the time...." I could put more, but I think that would move this item from funny into mean, which is completely not my intention. I don't want to mock their spelling as much as I want to scream at them to take the effort to push the spellcheck button~

No comments:

Post a Comment