Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Guest Starring......Lola

***Welcome to Divorce Isn't For Sissies newest feature....guest bloggers. While I was writing many of my different stories, I would think about the people that came on this adventure with me and all the different perspectives that they would have on these events. Sure, I tell you things how I experienced them...but other people may have a different take on how things played out or remember different stories that I could have completely forgotten about - like Lola's mention of the bathroom door, for example. Lola and John Black screamed so loud and so crazy that night over a box of Cocoa Krispies....it seems so ridiculous now, but at the time it was a monster fight through the bathroom door. Funny how time changes the way we view things, isn't it? Anyone else that was part of my journey that wants to share is welcome to as well - I'll even give you a fun alias! To start us off, here is our very first guest blogger.....Lola.***

_____________________________________________


I have been given the privilege and honor to write a guest blog for your entertainment…believe that I have some inside knowledge in the subject of said blog, and therefore some very juicy stories. But, alas I have been given guidelines which prevent me from divulging (and also from cussing) about certain activities including stalking, property damage and …er, nevermind… forget those last items…

I will never forget turning the corner into her drive soon after Brad f.., ahem, I mean, screwed up. She was hanging out the window of the kitchen ½ a story up smiling at me. This maybe should have tipped me off for the journey ahead. As I rounded the privacy fence, she poked out the window again with a large pitcher of water, and again a smile, and poured it down…onto an enormous pile of Brad’s most treasured possessions. I laughed and suggested we get the hose.

The series of debacles that followed were heartbreaking and hilarious at the same time. Although I openly objected to Johan Black and all he (didn’t) have to offer our jaded heroine, he did give her a lift of self esteem that was seriously needed at that juncture in her journey. Johan & I drove each other crazy. I remember episodes from when the 3 of us were living together involving bathroom doors (only one existed in the house), parking spaces (who wants the street?!?), groceries & animals where I could have easily committed homicide, hid his body, washed my hands & played dumb for the rest of my life. I’m proud of our heroine for not doing the same to both of us; sure we drove her nuts, too.

Johan withstanding, we had a lot of fun thanks to good friends, booze & boys in the months following Brad’s downfall. Dancing like idiots to burn off beer calories, outwitting unsuspecting boys in any game we knew we could win, making new friends & reconnecting with old ones…Lots of changes in the last few years have turned us from unsure, naive twenty-somethings into responsible, confident women. And it’s been FUN in spite of the so-called tragedies in between.

So…Chet. You have seen a good portion of this go down, you know what you are getting into. But if you f…um, mess, with my heroine your referrals will take a hit! Kidding, if you want to gum her collarbone (clavicle technically) it’s ok with me.

Love,

Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment